I’ve been ridiculously busy the last two weeks and as a result my blog has been suffering.
Summer fun is a priority… sitting a computer… meh, not so much.
But I finally did sit my toushie down to start slamming my fingers over the keyboard in an honest (slightly rushed) attempt to catch up.
First on my “to share” list?
Recipes. More specifically… Salsa recipes.
These are so dang summery, not to mention delicious to boot. The two must trys are Spicy Strawberry Salsa and my absolute personal favorite, Blueberry Peace Salsa.
Now, if you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or instagram, you knoooooow I have an appetite. And you may also recall me posting about these yummy salsas… um, a few times. I wish I could say I’m the kinda girl who never obsesses over anything and eats yummy foods only once and then carries on.
But that would make me a big fat liar.
I totally obsess. And if I love a certain meal or dish, I will eat it over and over. Like, for weeks on end. I’m kinda boring that way.
But this salsa! If only you make it you will understand whyyyyyyy it is so easy to make again and again. And then you will also see how it’s so easy to post about it on Facebook. And twitter. And instagram.
You will then understand. And I won’t seem so crazy.
Spicy Strawberry Salsa
– 1 medium tomato, chopped
– ¾ Cup chopped strawberries
– ¼ red onion
– ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced (I personally like it haaaawt so I use a whole jalapeño. And I’ve even thrown in a teaspoon or two of red chili pepper flakes. Depends on your heat preference. If you like it modest, stick with the half.)
– 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro
– 1 lime juiced
– ¼ tsp salt
– ¼ tsp pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix ‘er up. The longer it sits, the more the flavors will develop. Keeps in the fridge for 2 or 3 days, but I doubt it will last that long. I devour mine in one sitting. Don’t judge.
Blueberry Peach Salsa
(Okay, let’s just be honest here. You are going to LOVE this salsa… make it. It is my favvvvvorite.)
– 1 cup fresh blueberries, chopped
– 1 ripe peach, chopped (or canned peaches is fine, use at least 4 or 5 slices)
– ½ red onion
– ½ jalapeno (Just like I mentioned above, I like heat so I use a whole jalapeño. You decide.)
– 4 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
– 1 lime juiced
-1 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional for heat lovers)
– salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients up in a bowl… the longer it sits the better the flavors!
So are you hungry yet or what? Let me know what you think.