It’s crazy to turn on the oven and bake in the summer heat right?
I mean… it is.
But I did it this week anyways.
The first time that I did it was in the evening. BIG. MISTAKE. It was hot as balls. Way too stupid. I was saaaaaaa-weating.
However, I learn quickly my friends. So, the second time I decided to do it, I did it first thing in the morning. When it was still cool. Aaaaaahh… MUCH better.
What was the need for all this baking during the August heat? An overpowering desire slash craving to have muffins in the house. Le sigh.
So I did it. Because that’s what I do. Check. It. Out.
Banana Nut Muffins
- 2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 Cups mashed banana (2 – 3 large bananas)
- 1/4 Cup milk (any kind – I used almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans and/or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until well combined. Whisk in vegetable oil, mashed banana, milk and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until batter just comes together and no streaks of dry ingredients remain. Gently fold in chopped nuts. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean and the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Turn muffins out onto wire rack to cool completely
Not bad, right? Hope you liiiiiiike.
Sending love, hugs and butt slaps…
McDooogs … the muffin (wo)man 😉 hahaha