I’ve been a fan lately of trying different Salsas. They have all been so summery! I dig it. So, when I saw THIS recipe online, I knew I had to try it. Watermelon Salsa? Yes please!
This is actually such a simple recipe and relatively quick to make. I suggest making the Salsa ahead of time, to let the flavors mingle a bit. You know how I like to mingle!
I don’t have much to say other than you should try it. 🙂 Giddy up.
Tilapia Burgers with Watermelon Salsa
- 1 1/2 lb Fresh (or frozen and thawed) Tilapia
- 2/3 Cup Seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Large Egg plus 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 Avocados, sliced
- 1 Cup Cuped watermelon, chopped
- 1/4 Red onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Cup cilantro, finely chopped
- the juice of one lime
- whole wheat buns, or whatever you like
- Olive oil, for pan
- Add tilapia to a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl and add egg, panko, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and basil. Mix until combined.
- Form tilapia into patties… Form tightly with your hands, trying to prevent cracking.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Cook until golden on each side, about 3-4 mins each. Repeat with the remaining burgers.
- While burgers are cooking, combine watermelon, onion, jalapeño,cilantro, and lime juice with a pinch of salt.
- Once burgers are ready, serve on toasted buns with avocado slices and salsa on the top.
Bing bang boom.
Hope you like!