There is nothing, in my mind, that could be wrong with a dinner that would include beer, cheese and have mexican flair to it.
So, this recipe rocks because you throw it in the crock pot and then just carry on with your day while it cooks. High five to having time to do shit! Like, mow the grass or other adult chores.
Ummm… although… I didn’t mow the grass while this cooked.
I have no idea what I did as this cooked… I imagine it to be awesome, though. And super productive.
Anyways, you can throw this into the crock pot, then go and be awesome, in ways that only you can. And then when you’re back, hungry and ready to eat, you will have a yummy dinner to chow down on. 🙂
Try it! It’s so good!
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 Cup Beer
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Freshly grated chedder cheese plus more for toppings
- Taco shells
- Favorite toppings: greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro, salsa, chopped onion, black beans, shredded lettuce, ect
- In a bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, garlic, onion, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. This will be your rawesome taco seasoning.
- Measure out about 3/4 cup of your favorite beer and whisk 1.5 tbsp of the taco seasoning into the beer.
- Place the chicken in the crockpot and dump in the beer with the seasoning. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- When you remove the lid, it will seem as though there is a lot of liquid and the chicken is just sitting in it. But take two forks or kitchen tongs and shred, shred, shred until it all comes apart. Most of the liquid just “magically” disappears.
- Taste and season with additional taco seasoning, if desired. Then let sit in the crockpot for an additional 15 minutes or so.
- Turn the crock pot completely off. Immediately transfer the chicken into a large bowl and add the cheese. Make your tacos! Bing bang boom.
Hope you like!
Sending love, hugs and butt slaps…