So, the other day my boyfriend and I went thru the Starbucks drive thru basically because I was eating everything in sight and needed another fix. It was the binge week after my fight, which means I was allowed to eat a lot of bad stuff. My own twisted rule. WHICH, I might add, is fully supported and encouraged by my man.
We’re a strange breed.
Anyways, binge week. Not binge day. It’s a whole flipping week. It’s gross and it’s pathetic. But I enjoy the heck out of it.
So, we are picking out a “treat” to share, and while trying to decide what to order, (along side my coffee frappachino – bam! So good.) I said to him, “Oh, I don’t care, you pick the treat.”
I know what you’re thinking… “It’s your binge week and you’re sharing a treat?! What kind of binging is that? Lame.”
Ha. I agree. Sounds lame. But we just had come from having ribs… AND we had plans for going out for dinner that night too. I was pacing myself.
So anyways… he got to choose the treat. But he didn’t choose a cookie. Or something else that would be clearly loaded with sugar, and therefore ridiculously awesome. THAT would have been my choice. Instead, he picked the gawd damn pumpkin muffin. In my head I’m thinking, “Really? Man, not my first choice, but okay, cool.” What can ya do eh, when you hand off the decision making power to someone else.
But… hold the phone. My first bite into this thing? Ahhhhhmazing. I thought I was going to die.
It. Was. SO. GOOD.
Fast forward the next three days. I proceeded to want and visit multiple Starbucks in order to get myself another one of those freaking delicious Pumpkin muffins. And every where I went, it was sold out.
Yup. Gonezo. Unavailable. Vanished. All the other Starbucks lovers in the world beat me to it. Day after day. WTF is that? Not even kidding. By my fourth go of trying to purchase one of these damn muffins, aaaaand getting let down because they were “all out”, I decided “Well, eff this noise. I’m just going to make my own freaking muffins.”
And so this is how I spent my Friday night… I might have a problem.
Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese… like Starbucks!
- 3 Cups all – purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch cardamom (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups pumpkin
- 1 1/4 Cups vegetable oil
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room tempature
- 1/4 Cup icing sugar
- chopped pumpkin seeds or walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl (except cream cheese, icing sugar and nuts).
- Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) half full with batter.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin.
- While the muffins are baking, place the cream cheese and icing sugar into a bowl and combine. Add a teaspoon or two of water to create a more mixable spread.
- Once the muffins are done, let them cool in the pans for about 5 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
- After they have cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture on the muffins. Add nuts on top, if desired.
- Enjoy! And pace yourself. Don’t eat three in one sitting like SOMEONE I know…
Sending love, hugs, and butt slaps…