Oh! Well, hey!
Happy new year, my friend!
What have you crazies been up to? Eating, drinking and being merry?
I should hope so.
The last couple weeks have been a bit of a blur for me. I know food has been involved. And booze. And lots of parties. Not to mention driving, shopping and sleeping. Ayecarumba.
I reckon it’s about time I got back to sharing and blogging. How about a recipe!?
This little dish was one of our party appetizers this holiday season, thanks to my sister Megan. I believe it was insprired by a recipe on pinterest, (yes, we’re on pinterest, too) and from there, Megs tweaked it a bit and put it on her blog, which you can find here. Check her out, yo! Peeps supporting peeps. 😉
So, this little appetizer is super yummy, not to mention relatively quick and easy. Therefore, you should try it. How’s that for good reasoning?
- 1/4 of a package of taco seasoning
- 3/4 c canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Wonton wrappers (found in the produce section)
- Chopped Pepper (I used red)
- 1 c chunky salsa (add more if you’d like)
- 3/4 canned corn
- 1 c reduced fat shredded cheese (Recipe asks for Mexican, I don’t think it really matters)
- 2 diced avocados
- Optional- Green Onion or Red Onion
- First, pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients and mix in a large bowl (minus the wonton wrappers!)
- Push 2 wonton wrappers into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Do not place the wonton wrappers right on top of one another. Have the corners of the wonton squares side by side… I know that sounds confusing. It really isn’t, check out the pic if you are confused!
- Spoon the dip into each wonton wrapper. Don’t fill TOO full. I made this mistake on a few. They just come out sloppy and messy if they are really full.
- Pop ‘em in the oven. Megs cooked hers for about 8-10 minutes. I had to do mine closer to 15. Whatever your oven is at, just cook until the wonton wrapper is crispy!
- Eat! When cooled a bit. 😦 They can be a bit hot.
Sending love, hugs and butt slaps…