Getting out in nature is one of the best things for me.
Today, I took my journal and went and sat among the trees. After taking it all in – the sounds, the temperature, the breeze, the insects – this is what I wrote into my journal…
On this fall day, these are the things that I know for sure…
– Taking my journal out and sitting in nature always makes me feel open and calm.
– The sound of the far-off park water fountain is soothing.
– Reading a printed book compared to a book on my iPad is always a little bit more fulfilling and satisfying. I can underline, circle, doodle little stars and make notes. I can highlight with my iPad, yes, but there is just something about the printed version.
– Watching a family do family portraits in this beautiful fall weather, hearing their laughter… it’s wonderful and it makes me smile.
– Going out of my way to step on crunchy leaves will never cease to be pleasurable.
– Ducks quacking, birds chirping, squirrels scurrying… nature is flat out awesome.
– I use to squash spiders; I don’t anymore and I haven’t in a long time.
– Sometimes, the iPhone just doesn’t need to come. And if it does, it can be off.
– There is something about writing in a journal… pen to paper… seeing my own penmanship… the scribbles, the misspelt words… it makes me remember and love what I am when my heart speaks and my hand translates.
– A cool, late afternoon breeze can remind you who is in charge and how insignificant our attempts to control and manipulate things really are. Nature always wins. As it should.
Taken right from my journal page, to share with you. 🙂
Sending love, hugs and butt slaps,